Monday, September 12, 2011

From yesterday's post on Facebook...

On this day of the 9 /11 memorial, I feel not only for those who lost their lives and the families that were effected by the terrible events of that day but also for what has happened in the ten years since that fateful day. Days of horror followed by numbing reality. Slowly, day by day, things began to move toward some sort of normalcy. Not long after that I introduced an ex-girlfriend to one of my pals and they have been married almost 10 years. Sierra On-Line, the company I worked for on that day, closed their doors mid way through the decade. I worked for a short time at a start up company while dating the lovely Holly McClue and bought a new house. After that start up closed their doors I returned to working for Microsoft on several contracts. Holly committed suicide. Throughout all of that my art work evolution prospered. I became faster and wiser about art and my career. The last several years many close friends have passed away and I've made new friends. I stand back and wonder what the next ten years will bring. Then I remember this quote from Charles Dickens:
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

No comments: