Saturday, October 18, 2008

Joe the plumber, Joe Camel, not much difference!


All the talk this last week about Joe the plumber got me thinking of a Joe Camel that I used to illustrate for Camel cigarettes back in the day. I did this along with many others about 19 years ago now. I can't believe it's been so long already. I know it was a terrible influence on young people but it paid the bills very well. Helped fund my trip to Italy back then.
Hey, it's getting colder up here in the PNW and I've started turning on the heat a few nights this last week. Bummer!!!! I miss summer soooooo much!!!
My tomato plant is all but dead, my cucumber plants were so withered I almost thought to leave them to be blown away by the winter wind and my other deck plants are suffering the cold at night. I may have to bring some of them inside. I'm sure they are filled with many many bugs by now. Mostly ones that I'm allergic to!!!
Halloween's a comin' and I've got several parties to attend to keep my spirits high. Over the next several postings I'll be putting up some of my Halloween art I've done over the years. Come back often to check that out!!!
Enjoy some sun!

No comments: