Sunday, October 12, 2008

Burt's wrong arm...


I don't know where this title came from. I was doodling away when this image came into my head along with the title. Sometimes you just have to go with the flow. Maybe there's a book in there somewhere.
I've been working on the graphic novel sketches all weekend and lying around the house. I've got two other stories that are pokin' at me to write and illustrate them but they are going to have to wait their turn, I'm going to stick with the one I'm working on now till it's done, even though it's probably going to take one more year to finish.
Starting in November I'll be taking the rest of my spare time to write the standard novel version of my graphic novel for the NINORIMO contest. (For the whole month of November one needs to write a certain amount of words toward finishing a novel. The winners are awarded in December.) I got as far as 20,000 words last year and not even close to half way through the novel. I will continue that effort this November. Cheer me on by stopping by my house and doing my chores for me, please. Seriously.
Enjoy the doodle. More soon!
Happy Columbus Day on Monday for all those who celebrate that sort of thing! Also Happy Sukkot Day on Monday. (Whatever that is!)
-Mike

No comments: