Friday, April 12, 2024

IM Game Screens

 When I was working at this big company in Redmond, I was tasked with creating Instant Messenger Games for about 6 months. The first one they wanted me to design, do animations for and to go over the way that all worked together with the one programmer I worked with in China, was the game "GO".

I made a bamboo wood board for the pieces to rest on, made a bamboo themed background and then designed the game parts on the left side.
The screen on the upper left was for a seasonal solitaire game. This was the "Autumn" Solitaire screen. We wanted each seasonal screen to feel immersive and have a natural flow to them. The buttons on the right were the three levels of the game that you could play.
The bottom left screen was for a letters game in which you had to adopt/buy letters to spell words.
The "Blob Alert" screen on the lower right was for a game that didn't get finished but I like how several of the screens turned out.
After that I moved to another project. But I did about 4 other game concept drawings before I left.
I might show those at another time.


No comments: