Saturday, August 4, 2012

Blue Angels 2012 Seattle





I was on my bike for 4 hours today to see the Blue Angels over Lake Washington where I usually kayak.
I rode my bike over to the I-90 bridge from Mercer Island to Seattle to watch the Blue Angels fly over head and take some pictures.
I meant to be gone for just an hour or two but it took way longer then I expected.
I tried to stand up on the cement barriers that straddle the sides of the freeway when I lost my balance and fell 4 - 5 feel into a thicket of some weird sturdy bush. I laid there for a second to make sure I was ok then tried to stand up and climb over the top, which I was able to do. Only one person in that huge mass of a crowd offered to help me.
I felt as if I might have injured my right leg because it didn't feel right. (It didn't feel left either… hahaha…)
I tried taking more pictures but the Blue Angels flew by so fast and I have a slow digital camera… I got mostly blue sky pictures.
Then when it ended I rode to Noah's Bagels for a some food I was having some low blood sugar issues at that point.
Also sweating so intensely that my shirt was soaked.
I sat for a while to eat my bagel sandwich… when the place got packed from all the people viewing the Blue Angels I left to make my way back home.

No comments: