Tuesday, October 1, 2024

SKETCH31

 Some time before the pandemic, I tasked myself if doing a version of Ink-tober, which everyone at the time was doing. So I did 31 days of drawings in ink for that month. I started out with this one of Pumpkin Head greeting everyone to the month of October.

A few months after that, I decided to put together a book of my drawings and thought that using the term "Ink-tober" was as good as any and titled my book with that name. A month or so after I published the book, I got a notice from Amazon that they were taking the book down. Apparently the person who supposedly coined (some doubt here) that phrase had created a copyright for himself and hired a lawyer to go after anyone who used that term on their work for the month of October. I got a hold of him somehow and we had a chat. He said that he didn't mean for his lawyer to go after people for their artwork.

However, in order to get my book back on Amazon I had to change the name. So I came up with "SKETCH31" and it's been available for purchase ever since.

https://www.amazon.com/Sketch31-Pen-Marker-Mike-Cressy/dp/1651922705/ref=sr_1_3?crid=28COHXY01AY3E&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.aOjaXbDyvU43ju7rnQeylHRFKGO5k1BDewvhokaO2zUcjEr9kxfRgXPvz_raKxocmmjAmD0V2rlNXXq5_vTAExdfgAd3Zx0X6LKTaemBvyt_nLKLo1V2alkQCzEcTHfokLisj_MM0I7XbfYJJTa43tZRzLvio1dnRF66WDHPrnmeP0ncwko-JFVK95wOWd17umRCK8v7KDawS1whcvi5Z1Emwbc_wl3FJSDpomVlsFc.UH4194qNBMn0roa2IZ8vWCxgZCK4-70BD_zyfGJLWhQ&dib_tag=se&keywords=mike+cressy&qid=1727816105&sprefix=mike+cressy%2Caps%2C252&sr=8-3


No comments: