Saturday, August 15, 2009

NEW Abstract: "Machina Factoria"


Thanks to two weeks of terrible dark and cold weather here in the PNW I've been in a bit of a funk and ended up creating a dark piece of art,... some of them turn out that way sometimes,... this one being a bit of a memory jogger from back in the days when I worked in the factories of Detroit for the Chrysler Corporation. I worked on a steel stamping machine. Huge!!! Break your arm right off your body if you weren't careful. I seen it happen,... among other terrifying things that go on in a factory such as that. Anyway, I remember the floors being thick with oil. You had to buy special shoes in order to just walk around the plant. (They called it a "stamping plant" because those big machines stamped out the steel parts for the exterior of the cars they made.)
Anyway, this is a bit of an ode to that era of my life. I hear summer is returning to the PNW this weekend! I @#$@&E#%$ hope so!!!!!
Enjoy the fleeting summer!
MC

No comments: